Facebook

“There is nothing like a Dame…”

Singing the main chorus to There’s Nothing Like a Dame from musical South Pacific, an ensemble of singers interrupted filming to congratulate Dame Julie on being named Dame Commander by The Queen.

Flanked by co-stars Christine Baranski and Amanda Seyfried, the honouree cheered along with the song before making a joke about ‘ordering’ everyone to do as she says.

It was followed by a cute gift of her Damehood and a supporting clapperboard on set was labelled with ‘congratulations’.

“OMG, I’m so excited,” Dame Julie said when receiving her humorous cast gift. “I’m going to be so bossy today. I command you all…”

Related: This is who Cher will play in Mamma Mia 2, and it’s amazing!

Dame Julie was presented with her accolade by Her Majesty The Queen at Buckingham Palace earlier this week.

Buckingham Palace released the below photograph of the Acorn Antiques star receiving her accolade at The Palace.

They tweeted a caption alongside, reading: “Congratulations Dame Julie Walters! Today at Buckingham Palace The Queen awarded actress Julie Walters a Damehood for services to drama.”

Award-winning singer Cher will also star im Mamma Mia 2: Here We Go Again.

She will take the role of Donna’s mother, according to the New York Post – Meryl Streep famously playing Donna in the original Mamma Mia! movie. Cher’s expected to feature in flashback sequences in the film.

Related: Exclusive: First look at the dazzling new stars of London’s Mamma Mia!

Meryl Streep, Colin Firth, Pierce Brosnan, Julie Walters and Dominic Cooper are all returning for the sequel.

Cher recently confirmed she’s recorded her song for the movie alongside sharing a first look at her fabulous costume.

Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again will be written and directed by Ol Parker of The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel success.

It will be released officially on 20 July, 2018 – ten years and two days after Mamma Mia! opened.

Don’t worry, there’s even going to be something new musically as the sequel will feature ABBA songs that were NOT included in the 2008 movie.