YouTube

Because apparently being gay affects your ability to serve food…

In a recent sermon uploaded to YouTube by the Stedfast Baptist Church in Jacksonville, Florida, pastor Adam Fannin has warned his congregation against interaction with gay waiters.

“Here comes this flaming foo-foo fruit loop,” he recalled, lamenting how there always seems to be a gay waiter serving him when he goes out to eat.

“I’m here to have date night, enjoy some time with my wife, and I can’t because of the lisps.”

As if his homophobic sentiments weren’t enough, Fannin shared his tips on how to avoid contact with your gay waiter completely.

“If you don’t just get up and leave, my recommendation is just don’t order anything – just wait,” he continued.

“You sit there patiently and you look around, and you will find a lady that looks like a mom, that looks like a very diligent worker. You will find somebody that you notice that’s busy, that’s doing stuff.

“You walk up to them and say ‘Hey what’s your name, have we had you before?’ Now look, don’t lie, don’t say ‘We’ve had you, we know you’re the best’. Just say ‘Have we had you before? Can we get you over here?’

“I guarantee you it always works, and then you can enjoy your dinner. And hey, you better tip her well. Let that foo-foo know what he missed out on, okay? That’s how you avoid a gay waiter.”

So let’s get this straight.

Fannin wants his people to ignore their perfectly adequate waiter, find another waiter who’s already rushed off their feet, stop them from serving their existing tables to accomodate your bigotry, and then tip them to make the first waiter feel bad.

Do these people hear themselves speak?